Research shows that hearing loss can have a significant impact on an individual’s social, financial and mental well-being.
In children, hearing loss or hearing impairment can result in:
- Delayed development skills (particularly speech and language development)
- Learning difficulties
- Problems at school
- Social isolation/anti-social behaviour
In adults, the effects of hearing loss include:
- Social isolation
- Shame or embarrassment
- Falling confidence or low self-esteem
- Stress (e.g. not hearing information during important meetings at work)
- Job loss
- Tiredness/fatigue (extra effort is required to concentrate on what is being said)
- Frustration, disagreements and relationship strain
A visit to Northside Audiology can help overcome the tremendous impact that hearing loss or hearing impairment can have on your social, financial and mental well-being; and give you back your quality of life.
Get in touch to book an appointment Download info on hearing aids